General Membership Meetings
The Harris County Green Party currently holds the General Membership Meeting on the fourth Monday of each month from 7:00 to 9:30 pm at the Havens Center, 1827 West Alabama Street, Houston TX 77006. Reminders are posted via the HCGP website and Facebook page.
Everyone is welcome to attend the General Membership Meeting and may comment and participate fully, except that only active members are allowed to vote at the meeting. To be considered an active member, you must have attended at least two other HCGP business meetings (including General Membership).
Meeting Agenda (generic)
The meeting agenda is set by the Steering Committee at the monthly Steering Committee Meeting. A typical meeting will follow an agenda similar to* the following:
Facilitator Introduction (10 minutes)
- Explanation of Meeting Structure
- Summary of Harris County Green Party Principles
- Individual Introductions
- Updates on committee and workgroup activities (15 minutes)
- State and National briefings (10 minutes)
- Treasurer's Report and Fund Collection (5 minutes)
- Speaker and/or Guests on Featured Topic (30 minutes)
- Discussion and Resolution(s) (30 minutes)
- Selection of next month's Co-Facilitator (2 minutes)
- Meeting Review and Assessment (3 minutes)
- General Announcements (10 minutes)
* OR, it might not be anything like this at all.