This is the most important event in the 2017-18 election cycle for the Harris County Green Party and the Green Party of Texas! It begins the process of restoring ballot access for Greens in Texas for the 2018 general election.
We want Green voters from all over the state to flood into the convention sites in their respective counties. Attendance at these conventions is the equivalent of voting in a primary, but you're voting for the Green Party and its nominees to appear on the general election ballot. It also counts as a signature on the ballot access petition.
If you cannot appear at a convention, please let us know whether you can sign the petition. All together, we need more than 47,000 unique and valid signatures. For your signature to be valid, according to the Texas Election Code, you must:
- be registered to vote in Texas;
- have not voted in any other party's primary election;
- have not attended any other party's conventions;
- have not signed any other party's petition (or previously signed ours); and
- provide your complete address and date of birth for verification purposes.